Following the success of the inter-club Kenfig Sands 5K in 2015, it was decided to set up a Inter-club league between the then 6 clubs in the Bridgend area, Brackla, Bridgend, Cornelly, Cwm Ogwr, Porthcawl & Pencoed Tri with each hosting a fixture. During 2017 this was expanded to include the newly formed Pencoed Panthers and also saw Cwm Ogwr Running Club leave to be replaced by the newly formed Ogmore Phoenix Runners. At the end of the 2018 season it was agreed to include only clubs registered with Welsh Athletics this meant Pencoed Tri left the league but many of their members joined one of the included clubs.
Each club is responsible for organising their own event in its set up, delivery/marshalling, entry process/fees, prizes etc Results are passed on to BCRL coordinators who then compile two result formats; Age Grade individual results and mob match style team points. Individual results based on age graded scoring, the best 4 scores will be totalled into a “league ladder” for an overall individual winner. Mob match scoring, there will be a 15 to score for each team incorporated into all events, each subsequent runner will score a -1 and overall lowest score is the best.
Each season is culminated in an awards ceremony with those individuals and teams being recognised along with some stats of the season.
Rules for the league are as follows
- Each runner must be Welsh Athletics registered and an active member of the club the are representing aged 16+, either first of second claim
- Runners must wear a club vest or club tee during races
- The first 15 finishers of each club will count for scoring, with each subsequent finisher scoring -1
- Any club not able to present 15 finishers, will be awarded a maximum point score equal to number of clubs entered multiplied by 15. For example if there are 6 clubs entered the team will score 90 per missing runner to maximum of 15 runners recorded
- All individual results will be converted to an age grade based on the runners age
- For the 2018 season we will be trialing 5 year age category bands for prizes